Friday, June 26, 2009

UP-Lifting.


So yesterday among the media hysteria about MJ, I took my cousin to see Disney and Pixar's movie UP for her birthday. The movie was EXCELLENT. It was funny, cute and touching. But more importantly...why did no one tell me that I would be completely sobbing during like 3 parts of this film?! I went to see a cute Disney film about an old man who's house flies by balloons and ended up getting life lessons about appreciating the people you love. Honestly....the last scene I had tears streaming down my face....quite embarrassing when you consider that I was seeing a children's movie at 5 pm. Ugh and talk about a love story!....Carl and Ellie were too precious for words. Loved this movie, go see it now I promise you it's worth it!

*Side note...I met the producer and director who worked on this film at work and they were telling me that these Pixar films (they also worked on Monsters Inc and Nemo) are very labor intensive and take about 5 years to complete. You have to develop the script, get the voices recorded and then develop the moive scene by scene.....all in all a very tiring process it sounds like!

No comments:

Post a Comment