Sunday, June 14, 2009

Book v. Film


So last month I read Angels and Demons, and I was soooo pumped to see how Ron Howard would translate the book to the big screen. Unfortunately I have to say I was rather disappointed. I thought the book was great....a real page turner, and the movie left out some key characters and relationships that I thought really made the book intriguing. For example....Vittoria Vetra's partner was not portrayed as her father, and Maxhimilian Kohler and Gunther Glick were completely removed from the film adaptation. Also, the ending from the book and movie were totally different! I was expecting some disparities, but was not at all expecting the final product that I got. I probably would have liked the movie more had I not read the book. My book for this month is Revolutionary Road, and I'm hoping that the film version will be up to snuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment