Monday, June 1, 2009

Short and Sweet.


Today I ran into the grocery store to grab a lemon and saw a GIANT bag of Tootsie Rolls. I'm on a "diet" (very loose usage of the word) so I basically just wanted to stare at them and dream of the chocolaty goodness. Welllll upon further inspection of the bag, I realized that our favorite chewy candies are not actually called tootsie rolls but are in fact called "Midgees". Ummmm what?!! Did anyone ever know this? Are actual midgets offended by the title of these treats? Has the company ever come under fire for naming their candy after small people? Does Chelsea Handler know this? All these questions came swirling into my head and on top of it I realized I was drooling. I don't know what is more embarassing....me pondering if tootsie rolls are politically correct or the fact that I almost had a breakdown 3 hours into said diet. Another interesting Tootsie Roll fact....everyone's favorite carnival candies are called Frooties, not Footsie Tootsies as I have been calling them for the past 20 years. Who am I kidding that I can succesfully go on a diet? I just spent the past 20 mins blogging about candy....

*Pic from Tootsie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment