Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King Has Left The Building.


R.I.P. Michael Jackson.....I have always been a huge fan of his music, and have felt massive compassion for him personally over the years. It is honestly the end of an era, MJ defined early pop music, and opened many doors for popular acts of today's generation. Thriller, Off The Wall, Bad, everything from the Jackson 5....they are all iconic. The first song I remember singing was Man In The Mirror. I know his personal life was under a lot of scrutiny later in his life, but to me he just seemed like a lost soul who was always searching for something....hopefully now he is in a better place.


One of my all time favorite songs is I'll Be There by the Jackson 5..... these lyrics say it all....


Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well that's all I'm after
Whenever you need me, Ill be there

King of Pop, you and your sequined glove will be greatly missed.
*Picture from Wikipedia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment