Saturday, June 27, 2009

Running Relief.

A couple of months ago I ran in my first half-marathon. Since then I have fallen off the running bandwagon, and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I have a couple of weapons in my running arsenal that make it fun and easy to go the distance and push yourself. Weapon 1- My Nike + shoes and I-pod. I've already professed my love for this little sensor in a previous blog but here is a breif synopsis of why it is so great. It tracks how far you are going and updates you in your ear...so you can run outside and not on a treadmill or track...and also has pump up jams that you can previously set. Once this song comes on, you know you need to push your ass into gear. Also, you can log your results onto Nike.com and challenge other runners or pick up good tips. Weapon 2 is something that has honestly changed my running life....SmartWool socks. I used to get wicked blisters from running (thus giving me one more reason to lay on the couch watching Project Runway re-runs) and these socks have stopped them from coming back. The Merino wool technology soaks the sweat from your feet while regulating your temperature. For any runner or cardio-lover....these socks are a must have. TRUST.


Check them out for yourself here.....or just buy them at Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment