Monday, August 24, 2009

Nostalgia.


Sooo I finally took the plunge and got the I-Phone. Let me tell you something, this phone has more applications and random things on it than one person needs, but all the games and Apps got me thinking about a past time, a simpler time when we kids had one gaming opportunity.....Nintendo. Now I am talking old school, gray box Nintendo not its cooler younger brother, SEGA. When we were kids, Nintendo was Boss and the best part about it? Duck Hunt. Don't tell me you disagree, because your 6 year old self will definitely call you out. Being a byproduct of Mario Bros, you knew it was going to rock. I think my fav part of Duck Hunt glory wasn't the jazzy 80s music, the siren song of the gun shot or the way the screen would flash black once you shot. No, it was the little dog who would hold up your victim. Remember that? The dog popped out of the bushes hold a dead, limp duck. How morbid/amazing. If you have the IPhone I recommend downloading Sheep Launch. Its a happier, less violent version of our old favorite that is guaranteed to waste hours of your precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment