Monday, July 6, 2009

Artsy Fartsy.




















Every year in the Metro East we have this fantastic fair called Art on the Square where acclaimed artists from all over the world come to sell their pieces. This is something I look forward to every year. I have always wished that I could paint, sculpt or draw....but lets keep it real. The most artistic thing I've ever done is bedazzle my cell phone freshman year of college. Stop judging it was the shiz back then. Anyways, while crusing the fair I found the most amazing prints by Q Jiang, who besides being an artist is also a teacher at the Art Institute of Chicago. The paintings are originals and done in the Sumi-e form. Derived from China, this Japanese process of simplicity. The painting form involves meditation and well being and requires the artist to have peace of mind in order to achieve the perfect strokes. After talking with the artist and choosing my prints (which are Cherry Blossoms blooming in spring) I got the framed and promplty hung them in my room. They have been a form of inspiration for me....not only do they remind me to stay centered, but also that as a person I need to be constantly changing and evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment