Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Five O'Clock.....NOW!


So as I mentioned earlier, I am currently on vacation....with my family. Which is so unbelievably lame considering I should be in Acapulco with my besties chugging tequila poppers and Miami Vice's until I cannot speak. So after spending so much "quality time" with my parents I am ready to drink myself into a stupor. But the first sight of myself in a bathing suit made me re-think that decision. I'm about three hundred percent positive that I have been mistaken for Ruby (big ginger losing weight on the style network) and/or Shamu (family-friendly sea creature) while strolling along the beach. So here is the dilemma. I need to find a strong, low-cal cocktail that is tasty and fancier than my usual vodka-crystal light concoction. After a quick internet search I think this recipie from Fitness Magazine may just be the winner.

The Sangria Sparkler:

750-milliliter bottle dry red wine
1 cup light orange juice
1/4 cup brandy or cognac
1/4 cup orange liqueur
2 tablespoons sugar
2 medium oranges, sliced
2 cups club soda, chilled
Crushed ice and/or orange peel curls (optional)

1. In a large pitcher, combine wine, orange juice, brandy, orange liqueur, sugar, and orange slices. Chill at least 2 hours. Add club soda before serving. Serve over crushed ice and/or with orange peel curls, if desired.

Nutrition Information per serving: 100 calories, 0g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 0g fat (0g saturated), 0g fiber

*One jug of this is equal to 12 servings.
*Chug/ Bong Responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment