Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Paperless Paperback.


So when thinking of things to ask for this Holiday season, for some reason I can't seem to eliminate the thoughts of a Kindle. I love love love that it is paperless, therefore eliminating the need to cut down trees, but there is just something about e-books that I'm not crazy about. Reading from a screen kind of takes away the romance of a book in my opinion. I love holding a book, the action of flipping a page, and looking at the cover. And think about the satisfaction you feel once you finish a book and finally close it shut and flip it over.....what happens when you finish a book on the Kindle....you turn it off? Not as satisfying. But the Kindle is a thin as a #2 pencil, therefore not weighing down my work tote, and holds over 1,500 books. The pro-con list here is pretty even and I'm stuck at a deadlock. Regardless of my thoughts, this is a very thoughtful and functional gift for any avid reader. And you could really up your game by uploading some of the receiver's favorite books onto it pre-gifting.....trust me this is a baller move.

*Amazon Kindle- $259

No comments:

Post a Comment