Thursday, May 20, 2010

Travel Thursdays.

DeMarco's Sub- Holmdel, New Jersey

Last week I was fortunate enough to head back East to New Jersey and spend some quality time with my family. So obviously given the chance, I would love to teleport myself back there to soak in some more of the Garden States glories. I know NJ gets a bad rap, but seriously almost everything is bigger and better in Joisey. Here are just a few bullet points to make my case.
  • The people are larger than life and the accents are to die for. What we in the Midwest consider gaudy, those in Jersey consider FAB.

  • Even their food has attitude. There are sub shops around every corner (my own personal nirvana), the gravy (pasta sauce) is homemade, and the wine flows like....well, wine (jugs of red to be exact). Ugh Eggplant Parm, Hard rolls with butter, My Aunt Shelley's famous Lobster macaroni....I could seriously go on for days about the food so I'll just stop myself now.

  • Everybody migrates to "The Shore" for the summer- where juiced up gorillas reign supreme.

  • People pump your gas for you. TRUST me- this is awesome.
Throw in my hilarious family and and it's just the cherry on top of the already phenomenal Guido cake.

If you've been to Jersey, you echo my sentiments...if you haven't, then 'whatsa matta witchu!!'

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for this topic for quite some times. Thanks for the information. I like it.

    ReplyDelete