Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ranting and Raving.


Ever since purchasing the iPhone there have been several qualms frustrating the hell out of me.

1. WHY DOES THIS THING DIE EVERY DAY?!!?!?!?! My Treo could sustain power for at least 2.5 days, but the consummate iPhone? No. This device bites the dust every 18 hours or so. LAME.
2. AT & T has the worst coverage. If I drop one more call, I will turn into the hulk and open a can of whoop ass at on my local provider.
3. Some app updates require 3G and some require Wi-fi. How annoying that I have to keep switching back and forth while updating.
4. The speakerphone volume is so low. If I'm talking on speaker in my car (hands-free like a responsible driver) I can barely hear the person on the other end. UGHHHH

HOWEVER.........

This post isn't a trip to Negative-town. The iPhone has some phenomenal qualities, so I'll give Steve Jobs his props as well.

1. The Navigation. It's truly unbelievable how mobile this phone makes you. I can google a restaurant, and with one touch, call them to make reservations and then one tap later.... a step by step directional on how to get there from my current location. It's truly a GPS/phone hybrid.
2. It's a social media hub. Facebook, Twitter, Email, texting....it's all there. If someone with an I-phone doesn't communicate with you, it's because they absolutely don't want to...they certainly have enough mediums in which to do so.
3. Words With Friends. An on-going virtual Scrabble match? Sign me up. And that is just one of the THOUSANDS of amazing apps, aka tons of ways to waste your time.
4. Musical Wonderland. With I-Tunes, Pandora, YouTube and Imeem at your fingertips, you've got a jam sesh anywhere you go.

Overall, I LOVE my iPhone and cannot fathom having any other phone. So if you're on the fence, take the plunge into the Apple world....the headaches are well worth the rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment